a bit of a confession. While this was only a C race for me, and my first in 14 months, I wanted a better result than this: I was actually hoping for a top 3 in my age group, and a sub 2:30 time. I actually got:
Overall time: 2:40. Swim 28:51; bike 1:20; run 46:51
I've been training hard recently, and smart. I've taken swim lessons and was able to keep with the group for the first time ever, which was good. But I let myself down on the bike. I crashed coming out of T1, trying to go through a gap that was too small, but I don't think that had too much of an effect. I fell back into my old ways of saving something for the run. Coach Perry used to give me so much stick for that. "Nail the bike!" Was his mantra. "I don't care if you can't run when you get off the bike, don't leave anything out there on the bike course. Just nail it!" And I learned. I used to go so hard on the bike, but then was able to get off and put in a decent run. The bike effort didn't detract from the run at all I don't think. But today, I didn't give it everything on the bike, and then as it turned out, I didn't have much on the run anyway.
So I'm disappointed, but even more determined to get it right for Marin triathlon in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment