Friday, 31 October 2014
Mad Bum
It's my 'A' race on Sunday, and I'm lying in my bed, sick. Essentially a bad reaction to a flue jab yesterday, so only a mild case of flu-like symptoms but enough to have me lying here listless and sweaty all night and all day. After 3 hard months of preparation I feel a little cheated, but not yet defeated. There'll be no PB, but I intend to get to the start line at least. I've worked too hard not to make it to the start. If there is an upside, it's watching the San Francisco Giants celebrations on TV. They know how to have a good parade here, and they've done it with typical US enthusiasm. Closed the City, pretty well. They won the World Series baseball with some heroic performances topped by one "Madison Bumgarner or "Mad Bum" to all the fans. I have to admit I've converted into a baseball fan, despite thinking it was a really boring game before I came out here. The World Series was exciting to watch, going to the wire and the whole family were glued to the TV watching. Now we are on first name terms with panda Pablo, Mad Bum, and all the rest. Great fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment