Yesterday I should have been competing at the USA National Triathlon Championships. I worked hard to qualify for those, but then I went and smashed myself up in a big bike crash. So yesterday, I was nursing my pinned collar bone and my sore ribs. I moaned at the time that I would have been boarding the plane, the time I would have been landing and the time I would have been going to bed in Milwaukee. I woke up in the middle on the night (the time shift between here in SF and Milwaukee is 3 hours), when I would have been setting off from the hotel to go and rack my bike. I moaned when the race started and I watched the live feed from the finish, still moaning. I moaned when the times for my age group were posted.
I shudda been there. I'm not happy. I know athletes get injured, and I know they miss big races. That's life. I know that. It still hurts though. Instead of what I should have been doing I went to the gym and did some rehab. That hurt too, but not as much as missing the Nationals.
No comments:
Post a Comment